What is Daring Greatly™?
Daring Greatly™ is usually a three-day, highly experiential, intensive training based on the research of Dr. Brené Brown. In this time of lockdown and physical distancing we are shifting to an online version via zoom.
It will not be the same as when we gather in person, however I find myself increasingly surprised and grateful for these online versions of the course and the way that we still reach for depth and connection even not being in the same physical space. Besides which I am sure this work is needed and so I am willing to do it differently and work with what is possible during these extraordinary times.
We will meet for 10 sessions, 1 session per week x 2hrs per session and the content will be the same as the usual three-day gathering:-
The Daring Greatly™ method is designed to support men, women, and young people to learn how to show up, be seen, and live braver lives. The primary focus is on developing shame resilience skills and daily practices that transform the way we live, love, parent and lead.
The work is suitable for individuals, couples, families, work teams, and organizational leaders. Further information is available at www.thedaringway.com
During our 10 weeks together we will explore topics such as vulnerability, courage, shame, and worthiness. We examine the thoughts, emotions, and behaviors that are holding us back and we identify new choices and practices that move us toward more authentic and wholehearted living.
Is Daring Greatly™ for me?
- Are you ready to let go of of what other people think and embrace authenticity?
- Are you longing to cultivate self-compassion and let go of perfectionism?
- Are you interested in discovering practices for developing gratitude and joy?
- Are you tired of comparing yourself to others and working so hard to be worthy of love and belonging?
- Are you curious about how to connect to the power of empathy to dissolve shame?
If the answer to any of the above is yes, then The Daring Way™ is one of the most powerful methods I have encountered to support your journey from never enough to I am enough.
ABOUT BRENÉ BROWN
Daring Greatly™ method is based on the research of Brené Brown, Ph.D. LMSW. Ph.D. LMSW. Dr. Brené Brown is a research professor at the University of Houston where she holds the Huffington Brené Brown Endowed Chair at the Graduate College of Social Work.
She has spent the past fifteen years studying courage, vulnerability, shame, and empathy and is the author of three #1 New York Times Bestsellers: The Gifts of Imperfection, Daring Greatly, and Rising Strong.
Her TED talk – The Power of Vulnerability – is one of the top five most viewed TED talks in the world, with over 25 million viewers.
Brené is the Founder and CEO for The Daring Way™, COURAGEworks – an online learning platform that offers classes for individuals and families on braver living and loving, and BRAVE LEADERS INC – a platform that brings her latest research on leadership development and culture change to teams, leaders, entrepreneurs, change makers, and culture shifters.
Brené lives in Houston, Texas with her husband, Steve, and their children Ellen and Charlie.
Further information is available at www.brenebrown.com.
What you get!
- 10 weeks of online zoom sessions with Emma Collins, a Certified Daring Way™ Facilitator (CDWF) who has been intensively trained in facilitating The Daring Way™ Workshops.
- Materials and downloads to support your learning.
- An extra weekly drop in zoom call for all current participants of my Daring Greatly online programs to ask questions and check in around the work. Tuesdays 12 – 12.45pm.
- Practical tools and processes to use beyond the workshop, including worksheets and reference materials.
When, where and how much?
Date and Time: 5-7pm (UK) Thursdays. Starting 4th June and weekly thereafter for a total of 10 weeks.
- Thursday 4th June 5pm – 7pm
- Thursday 11th June 5pm – 7pm
- Thursday 18th June 5pm – 7pm
- Thursday 25th June 5pm – 7pm
- Thursday 2nd July 5pm – 7pm
- Thursday 9th July 5pm – 7pm
- Thursday 16th July 5pm – 7pm
- Thursday 23rd July 5pm – 7pm
- Thursday 30th July 5pm – 7pm
- Thursday 6th August 5pm – 7pm
Maximum Participants: 9
Sliding scale: £100-£500 Please contact me if this financial request means you can’t join and you would like to talk about finding a way to contribute a smaller amount or something other than money.
Please feel free to contact me to talk this through if you want help to figure out what you want to offer.
The sliding scale gives you an option to contribute what you believe you can afford along a scale of what the trainers find sustainable for themselves.If you are confused, you can use this guideline: the bottom end of the scale is for people who regularly find it difficult to pay their rent, and the top is for people who regularly eat in a nice restaurant. Still confused? Read more here about my intentions and invitation here.