- This event has passed.
The Daring Way™ Three day Intensive Group Event June 2017
16th June 2017 @ 9:30 am - 18th June 2017 @ 5:30 pm
When, where and how many places?
Southsea, Portsmouth, South East England
The Daring Way™ is three-day, highly experiential, intensive training based on the research of Dr. Brené Brown
The Daring Way™ method is designed to support men, women, and young people to learn how to show up, be seen, and live braver lives. The primary focus is on developing shame resilience skills and daily practices that transform the way we live, love, parent and lead.
The work is suitable for individuals, couples, families, work teams, and organizational leaders. Further information is available at www.thedaringway.com
During the three-day intensive workshop we will explore topics such as vulnerability, courage, shame, and worthiness. We examine the thoughts, emotions, and behaviors that are holding us back and we identify new choices and practices that move us toward more authentic and wholehearted living.
Is the Daring Way™ for me?
- Are you ready to let go of of what other people think and embrace authenticity?
- Are you longing to cultivate self-compassion and let go of perfectionism?
- Are you interested in discovering practices for developing gratitude and joy?
- Are you tired of comparing yourself to others and working so hard to be worthy of love and belonging?
- Are you curious about how to connect to the power of empathy to dissolve shame?
If the answer to any of the above is yes, then The Daring Way™ is one of the most powerful methods I have encountered to support your journey from never enough to I am enough.
ABOUT BRENÉ BROWN
The Daring Way™ method is based on the research of Brené Brown, Ph.D. LMSW. Ph.D. LMSW. Dr. Brené Brown is a research professor at the University of Houston where she holds the Huffington Brené Brown Endowed Chair at the Graduate College of Social Work.
She has spent the past fifteen years studying courage, vulnerability, shame, and empathy and is the author of three #1 New York Times Bestsellers: The Gifts of Imperfection, Daring Greatly, and Rising Strong.
Her TED talk – The Power of Vulnerability – is one of the top five most viewed TED talks in the world, with over 25 million viewers.
Brené is the Founder and CEO for The Daring Way™, COURAGEworks – an online learning platform that offers classes for individuals and families on braver living and loving, and BRAVE LEADERS INC – a platform that brings her latest research on leadership development and culture change to teams, leaders, entrepreneurs, change makers, and culture shifters.
Brené lives in Houston, Texas with her husband, Steve, and their children Ellen and Charlie.
Further information is available at www.brenebrown.com.
What you get!
- Three days with Emma Collins, a Certified Daring Way™ Facilitator (CDWF) who has been intensively trained in facilitating The Daring Way™ Workshops.
- Materials and handouts to support your learning, including a Daring Way™ workshop handbook.
- Practical tools and processes to use beyond the workshop, including handouts and reference materials.
When, where and how much?
Venue: TBC – Southsea, Portsmouth, South East England.
Maximum Participants: 8
Sliding scale: £0 – £450 (Conversation required to secure your place.
The sliding scale gives you an option to contribute what you believe you can afford along a scale of what the trainers find sustainable for themselves.If you are confused, you can use this guideline: the bottom end of the scale is for people who regularly find it difficult to pay their rent, and the top is for people who regularly eat in a nice restaurant. Still confused? Choose somewhere in the middle.